Me and My "Guys"

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blueberry muffins


I used to think you had to follow a recipe exactly. I was also the one who's 8th grade Home Economics teacher said, "She's the only one I know who can burn water". I never liked to cook. I've started to like it gradually over the years, and especially since it has become a necessity to keep others alive!

Today Andrew and I made Blueberry muffins. It started out with the recipe from Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious, but I didn't have some of the ingredients, so we experimented with doing them a little differently and they turned out delicious!

Here is the recipe I used:
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
4 Tbls. butter or margarine (I used I can't believe it's not butter)
1 c. blueberries
1 large egg
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 container Yoplait Strawberry Banana Yogurt
1/2 - 3/4 c. buttermilk (I just dumped it in until I liked the consistency. I didn't measure.)

Mix together and cook for 15 - 20 minutes. So good.

Here's a link for Jessica Seinfeld's recipe:

Mine probably aren't as healthy as hers, BUT not too bad! And Andrew and I had a great time making them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment