Me and My "Guys"

Monday, January 11, 2010

Time Out

You know how it goes...When you have young children, discussions about discipline often come up with friends who also have young children. I had one such conversation the other day. We were talking about how we use time out. She puts her daughter who is just over a year and a half in a time out chair for a certain amount of time. I send my almost two year old to his room, "Until you are ready to listen" or "Until you are ready to be nice", whichever phrase is appropriate for the circumstances. If you use time out, how does it work in your family?

1 comment:

  1. We send Trevor to a corner of the room wherever we are. Then if things get really bad he goes to his room. I guess that would be "super time out?" At church, super time out is the car.

    ReplyDelete