Me and My "Guys"

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January To Do List

I don't know about you, but after a BUSY 3 months and especially the last two weeks, I am READY for a little break. January is recovery month for me. We are taking things easy. I am not planning any major activities or projects. To make it fun for my toddler, I am going to focus on what he is interested in. For him, right now, that means bikes. We have several informational books checked out from the library about bikes. He got a trike for Christmas. We are just going to have fun riding and learning about bikes.

To connect it to other curricular areas:
Math/Art:
1. Wheels are circles - so the shape of the month is circles. When we paint or color, I will have him paint on circles. I will have circles cut out that he can glue or tape on other pieces of paper.
Also, a circle will be posted with "circle" written on it so he can begin to recognize words.
2. Counting - Print out, color and cut out pictures of four bikes that we can use to count with. He has one-to-one correspondence for three objects so for him, we are working on four.

Science:
1. How does the wheel work? If I can, I am going to get an old wheel from a junk yard that we can put out back and he can explore with.

Blocks:
1. Have different sizes of circle blocks in the block area that he can explore with.

Letter of the month:
B - I post it in a place where we can talk about it and he can recognize it. Along with that, I will post a picture of a bike so that he can make the connection between the letter and the object.

No comments:

Post a Comment